At last, a blog for Coalition of The Willing! I thought it was time to create a central place where everyone's work in progress can be shown. Thanks to all the collaborators for allowing me to show their developing work. This blog is mainly for the purpose of connecting the collaborators, showing work as it progresses and announcing any developments. The blog isn't meant to be the public face of the film. The film's website is currently being developed. So finally, just to say that Coalition Of The Willing is already shaping up into a wonderfully rich and diverse piece of work, an enormous thank you to everyone involved.

Wednesday 16 September 2009

High Profile Online Destinations

High Profile Online destinations from Simon Robson on Vimeo

This shot champions the central idea of the film; that bespoke online destinations enabling people to exchange knowledge and ideas on climate change could launch the grassroots movement the war effort needs.

On the back of a conversation I had with a work colleague I thought I'd give paint on glass a shot. I did a few online searches and found this site: http://www.awn.com/mag/issue3.2/3.2pages/3.2student.html In the article Wendy Tilby talks about using gouache paint mixed with glycerin liquid. It took me a while to get the consistency right, but it works a treat. Paint on glass is laborious and tricky, but I find it quite theraputic and the results are worth it.

For this shot the guys at Clapham Rd set me up with under lighting and a white perspex sheet with glass over the top.

Basically I've fallen in love with paint on glass animation, despite the fact that it's a painstaking process. I'm pretty sure that, combined with other media, it's going to be a staple of my work from now on...


No comments:

Post a Comment