At last, a blog for Coalition of The Willing! I thought it was time to create a central place where everyone's work in progress can be shown. Thanks to all the collaborators for allowing me to show their developing work. This blog is mainly for the purpose of connecting the collaborators, showing work as it progresses and announcing any developments. The blog isn't meant to be the public face of the film. The film's website is currently being developed. So finally, just to say that Coalition Of The Willing is already shaping up into a wonderfully rich and diverse piece of work, an enormous thank you to everyone involved.

Thursday 17 September 2009

Open Innovation centre

Open Innovation Centre from Simon Robson on Vimeo.


So, I'd finished the 'fish' paint on glass shot and still had my lightbox set up. My next task was to tackle the Open Innovation Centre shot. This section talks about people working together to solve problems, and it struck me that this should be a character animation piece. But I'm not a character animator per se. So i looked around the basement of Clapham Rd which was full of boxes containing various different nuts and bolts and so on. I grabbed a few and started playing with them on the lightbox. It struck me that these objects could be characters in their simplest form. So I set to work...

Gavin and I are still developing the sound design on this. It's going to be much more like the kind of foley you'd get in a Terry Gilliam Python animation. I'll post the new version when it's ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment